Are you wondering what is the best time of the day for posting on your social media networks?
Is the engagement time different on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter?
Creating and posting unique social media content is not working without setting a timing strategy. The key to setting up a successful social media engagement is posting unique content during the best hours and days for the audience you are targeting. The “peak hours” are changing periodically – true, but if you are paying attention to the times when your targeted audience is active on social media networks, you will definitely increase your traffic and shares.
Well, the peak hours of posting are different on each social media network. In this article, you will see what is the best time for posting on:
- Google+ and
Facebook’s Best Posting Times
We can definitely name Facebook “The Social Media King” since it has over 1 billion active users per month. However, since Facebook is constantly changing, it’s not that easy to set your organic posts in front of your whole targeted audience.
Facebook is obviously an active spot from Monday to Sunday so, it is very unlikely for you to do something wrong when finding the best posting time.
Still, there are a few significant times, days and patterns that should help you:
- Monday through Sunday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. is relatively safe posting time
- The least optimal posting times are early mornings and late nights
- Wednesday through Sunday are the strongest posting days
- Thursday is the most recommended posting day
- 1 p.m. on Thursday is the most active time
LinkedIn’s Best Posting Times
As a “Professional’s Social Network”, LinkedIn has around 3 million companies with pages on its network. Generally, LinkedIn has more than 230 million users and the numbers are constantly growing.
Promoting your unique social content at the best times during the day/week will definitely contribute to increasing your traffic and shares, especially if you are a B2B marketer. Let’s see the LinkedIn’s best posting times:
- From Tuesday to Thursday and noon and 5 p.m. are the most optimal posting times
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the most recommended posting days
- On weekdays, safest time for posting is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Every day from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. is least optimal time to post
- Saturday and Sunday are least optimal days to post
Twitter’s Best Posting Times
Twitter is definitely one of the fastest ways of communicating with your targeted audience on social media. So, it is very important for you to know the best hours for tweeting in order to optimize your daily audience engagement.
Let’s see some interesting facts about Twitter’s best posting times:
- Least optimal posting times – early mornings and late nights
- Safest posting time – weekdays between noon and 3 p.m.
- Strongest posting days – Monday through Thursday
- Most recommended posting day – Thursday
- Most active time – Thursday noon
Pinterest’s Best Posting Times
Because of its reachability and content, Pinterest can be placed as a unique social media network. It has over 100 million active pinners and the content tends to have larger lifespan compared to other social media networks.
Even the content lasts longer in the users’ feed, it is really helpful to know the peak hours of posting on Pinterest in order to reach better audience engagement. If your audience sees your feed and it looks informative, they will return so, connecting earlier on Pinterest is very important.
Out of all listed social media networks in this article, Pinterest has the strangest suggested posting times. Let’s take a deeper look at Pinterest’s best posting times:
- Least optimal posting times – Sunday through Friday, from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Safest posting times – late nights ‘till 3 a.m. excluding midnight to 1 a.m.
- Most optimal posting times – 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Sunday
- Strongest posting days – Friday through Sunday
- Most recommended posting day – Saturday
Google’s+ Best Posting Times
Regardless the criticism that Google+ has had, the fact is that people are still using it to post social media content. Using their Google+ accounts, people are posting comments on YouTube, but some of them are actively using it as a social media network.
Some studies show that about 10% of 2.2 billion Google+ accounts are active. And, from 210 million people, around 15 million are posting at least once per month. Even if these numbers are puny when compared to Twitter or Facebook, there is still an opportunity laying there. Let’s see what time is Google’s+ best posting time:
- The best posting days – Monday through Friday
- The most engaging weekday – Wednesday
- The most optimal posting time – 9 a.m. on Wednesday
- Least effective posting times – mornings, early evenings, late nights
- Safest posting day – afternoons and weekdays
Instagram’s Best Posting Times
Instagram is definitely the most powerful social media network for boosting your audience engagement. According to some studies, Instagram has the highest per-follower engagement rate of 2.2% compared to other major social media network.
So, with the huge engagement potential, new Instagram algorithm and a huge number of users joining every day, knowing the best posting times of this social media network can make a big difference in your marketing strategy. Let’s see Instagram’s best posting times:
- Safest posting time – anytime on Monday through Friday, excluding 3 p.m.
- Most recommended posting times – any day at 2 a.m., 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Strongest posting days – Monday through Friday
- Least optimal posting time – each day at 3 p.m.
- The most engaging weekday – Monday
By now, you have probably noticed that each social media network has different best times of the day for posting your social media content.
On social media, timing is everything! You want to post your social media content when the audience you are targeting is most engaged. Also, as we all know, larger audience equals larger opportunities for boosting your engagement, driving more traffic and gaining new followers and customers.
Consider this: When scheduling your content on social media, it is really important to know the right time zone of your targeted audience. You may have followers and fans worldwide, but you need to put your marketing messages in front of a specific audience. By using our ‘Target Audience Selector’, you can easily put your social content in front of your right audience at the right time.